Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HERE A POST ABOUT PUNK AND POP




These three albums are quite different but all have elements of punk and pop in them; while ALL has even been referred to as "orthodox pop-punk" I don't think any of them sound much like each other, or like pop-punk is "supposed" to sound. Definite rock influence in Chisel (featuring Ted Leo of Ted Leo And The Pharmacists) and hardcore influence in Hellbender (featuring Al Burian of Milemarker/Burn Collector zine).

The ALL record is a live album of mostly their best stuff. This was Hellbender's 2nd album; I haven't heard the first (eponymous) album and didn't like the "indie" (1998 incarnation of the word) direction of their followup (final) album, Con Limon, quite as much. This is Chisel's first record of two and I don't have the other one, think I'll get that now.

Uh yeah anyway three records that I reacquired recently and wanted to share that's all is that so wrong.

ALL "Trailblazer"

Hellbender "Footprint Of The American Chicken"

Chisel "8 AM All Day"

2 comments:

  1. I don't post in PHIZ anymore or w/e but I would definitely love to contribute to this with some links to emo/post-hardcore things

    -- jay

    ReplyDelete